In my line of work I talk about lot about “the basics” of empathic and intuitive mastery, like grounding, getting centered, and how to thrive without shields. It’s mostly because the deeper I go into these foundations, the more realize that they haven’t bee explained or talked about nearly enough to for us to really “get it”. So many people say the same things over and over about these practices without getting down to what is actually working or how they work it. The more awakened and souled I become, the more these foundational skills just keep giving. I started this series on centering at the beginning of the month to really explore what my soul knows and feels about this one practice. If you are starting with post, you can look at the others here and here!
Here’s some of the ideas we’ve already covered, so everyone can be on the same page!
- Centering is not quieting your mind, letting the light, grounding into Earth, or collecting your thoughts or energy.
- Centering is allowing soul back into the physical, creating a safe space and environment in the the physical for Soul to come home to.
- Nothing is required beyond creating the time and space to make internal peace and quiet that makes body irresistible to soul.
- The big reason we are uncentered usually revolves around not feeling safe enough, stable enough, worthy enough to accept our own Divinity. We have created separation between soul and physical reality…at least in our minds.
The practice of centering is coming back to the recognition that we are meant to carry the power and wisdom of soul and source connection into our physical reality. We are meant to have that power, sacredness, insight, and level of perception. That power only exists in the moment, and we can tap into it more fully when we are clear. So learning to hear wisdom vs. ego in the moment is a huge part of the process. That difference was the topic of last week’s blog article, which you can find here! The whole idea can be summed up like this:
If some thoughts and feelings make you feel bad, afraid, ashamed, worried, then it’s NOT Divine Wisdom and Love.
To be centered is to be open and in moment with Divine Love.To be centered is to be open and in moment with Divine Love. Click To Tweet
When I first centered fully with Soul, mind, and body in alignment, true, deep alignment, I instantly saw what I had been doing to myself. I saw how I held myself back, going in silly circles of thought, and that thought had nothing to do with the outside world. It was all internal. And I also saw how wisdom had been guiding me my entire life. I saw the pattern clearly, of how at each little junction point I heard clearly what the answer was. I understood that all those times I chose to feed fear instead of listening deeper I had only been holding myself back. And I saw in all that I was loved and cherished, not because I finally got it right, but because I kept trying, seeking, asking for wisdom. In the past, it had only been my awareness and expectation of what guidance was that kept me from fully recognizing it.
What we usually associate with centering are actually the steps we can take in order to get centered. Quieting the mind does help in the process of inviting soul in because soul likes peace. When we are peaceful within ourselves we can align more quickly. Gathering our thoughts or energy can help for the same reasons, as most of thought is not truly ours. Learning to practice gathering true self, what YOU actually think and feel, can also help toward centering. Meditating can help do those things we just talked about, and so also can be be a good gateway to getting centered. But none of these things in and of themselves are actually centering.
Let’s get back to the practical though, being centered feels like:
- I feel powerfully aligned with the tasks I need to do to fulfill my life purpose.
- Heart feel open, full of love, even when thinking of a challenge.
- I feel empowered and ready, yet fully relaxed, breathing calmly from my belly.
- Able to hold or work with more energy than “normal”.
- The perfect solution seems possible.
- Able to provide self-love and assurance to shift from negative, ego-thinking and limitations.
- Easier to consider pushing my boundaries of my comfort zone.
- Open sense, no spiraling or cyclical thought, sense of expansion.
- Seeing, knowing, sensing the perfectness of the moment or even next step.
- Easily able to see the difference between ego thinking and true wisdom.
- Able to give self permission to “feel good” even if tired, sore, ill, feeling a little down, dealing with a bout of negativity.
- My core has been activated and my actions and love clearly create ripples out into time/space
- Sensing my own energy and aura breathing and moving around me.
Centering isn’t about make one shift a day or every so often. Nor is it about hitting each of the 13 points that I experience, all the time or building up to that over time. Centering is a practice of continually coming back to our truest self over and over with each breath and moment. It is the practice that give us the time and space to release all that holds us back from being co-creators, strong and Divine in our own light. Part of the mastery of this process should be about naming and recognizing how you know you are actually centered in Divine Source and Soul level being.
To help get you started, here are some actions that can help you consistently create that time and space:
- Making time to be creative, allowing our flows to guide mind and body to create something new and beyond us.
- Ritual work, so that soul, mind, and body can work in alignment.
- Dreaming and Daydreaming, allowing soul and wisdom play in potentials.
- Meditation to quiet the mind and create the peace that Soul adores and wants to fill.
- Sex or orgasims to fill ourselves with higher vibes and love to attract soul in deeper
- Actively giving self love to fill ourselves with higher vibes and love to attract soul in deeper
- Gardening or doing the dishes because these can be meditations to quiet the mind too.
- Spiritual or self work to see ego’s thinking more clearly
- Taking a bath or shower because that can be a good time to get really present and release thought.
But the number one thing you need in order to really “get” centered and centering is the willingness to come into the space where you can have the unconditional love that you need, that you have always craved. That willingness is the key, no matter what physical actions you might be doing.
In the comments below, I hope you will take the chance to explore what might be keeping you from intentionally centering into the state of unconditional love!!
Get the keys to your inner power today!
- Release your need for shields, discover your authentic boundaries, and begin serious growth with your spiritual gifts.
- Discover how your Inner Priestess guides you toward your life purpose and soul mission.
- Receive the keys to planning a life of personal power, confidence, and strength.